1980s Fat Chance WICKED - frameset w/ stem & bottom bracket

tompeter

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

colker

A few yrs ago you could buy that bike, in such miserable state of paint, for $150. Now it´s $600. I can buy a Yo Eddy sans fork for $600 now.

mainlyfats

I don’t keep track like I used to, but I doubt that someone has actually sold a Fat Chance on eBay in long time. The price differential between eBay and someone who actually sells bikes - like bikejerks for example - is 200-300%.

I question the utility of running this eBay bot on this site - I’m not sure it’s doing what the owner wants it to do. We used to point one another towards excellent or well priced or rare Fats that were for sale, but the bot just hits the keyword and pulls up any old ridiculously priced piece of crap. We’ve outsourced our expertise and as a result I don’t check in here nearly as much as I used to.

colker

It should give an assessment of the market but like you said it´s mostly fantasy prices.