1989 Wicked Rims

colker

Came here looking for suggestions for my '89 build - but finding good rims in good condition is not an easy task.

I have been leaning towards Velocity Cliffhangers - laced to my Suntour XC Pro hubs (it's all XC Pro) - I think I'm with you on this...done hunting for old rims that won't perform as well (I'm planning on running 2.3" Compass Rat Trap Pass tires so the extra width of the rim will help)
Alex Adventure 2 is another option.

colker

Came here looking for suggestions for my '89 build - but finding good rims in good condition is not an easy task.

I have been leaning towards Velocity Cliffhangers - laced to my Suntour XC Pro hubs (it's all XC Pro) - I think I'm with you on this...done hunting for old rims that won't perform as well (I'm planning on running 2.3" Compass Rat Trap Pass tires so the extra width of the rim will help)
I hear Rat TRaps are not really 2.3 which is good because i can´t fit anything wider than a 2.2 tire on the rear of my wicked. Granted... i am on wide rims and tires grow wider on those.

J.S.

J.S.

Velocity Dyad rims are very good. Also I had a budget wheelset for the Wicked with Sun Ringle Rhyno Lite rims that actually looked quite nice.