Found this ad for someone who needs a 1995 med.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Well, this one played out just how I thought it would. I called the lister of this ad over a week ago and a half and left him a message. A few days later, he called me back at about 11:30 at night. Odd enough, but it really was a Yo Eddy, and it sounded like it was in decent shape. The asking price was supposed to be $222 and not $122, which was still an awesome find. We played phone tag a couple of times, mostly because he would call me back at 1:30 am while I was in a dead sleep.

The bike was a '95 Yo Eddy in Chameleon Metallica, and a Large size. I had told him I wanted it, we agreed on pricing and shipping, and I spent a few days orchestrating the labor of the deal with a bike shop local to him to disassemble, pack and ship the bike for him (he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and didn't want to do any work to sell the bike). I had even gone to the extent to give the shop my CC info for all of the costs for packaging and shipping, and told them to expect the bike to be dropped off early this week.

Last night, I got a call from him that the bike was gone. Someone else had been calling him and was in the area, and dropped by with more money and took the bike. What a drag. I was THIS close to acquiring a Yo for my restoration project. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, I know. This guy was such a flake, I knew something like this was likely. Still, it was depressing to hear it was gone.

Oh well, easy come, easy go. I hope someone here got it, at least, and it doesn't get turned into a bike messenger hack job. I'd rather see it in the hands of a COG than just roaming around with some beach comber.

Anyone have a line on a Sommerville Yo in M/L? :D