1993 Buckshaver Update

settemarche

well origingally this bike was pretty bastardized. thankfully the board members set me straight and gave great advice on how to bring this bike back to "periodish" spec.<p>

as of now we have gone back to full Shimano Deore DX Rapid Fire 7 speed. as seen in the photos the rear cassette is a 7 speed NOS XT unit mated to Nuke Proof/Mavic/DT wheel set. the bar is a Bontrager/Titec and the bar ends are Control Tech Stix. Brakes went from Onza to the current Control Tech which are pretty cool. the seat post was a Rock Shox and is now a Syncros - much better IMO. not sure what to do tire wise - sold my set of NOS Panaracers to FatTony!<p>

let me know what you think,

Sette

Attachments

• IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2893.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2896.jpg
    IMG_2896.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2898.jpg
    IMG_2898.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 20

rody

Sette,

That is probably one of the sweetest bucks I've seen...nice clean, simple build. The Nuke hubs do add a certain BLING to it though :D

cheers,

rody

settemarche

Sweet bike! You can still buy panaracer smoke and dart tires. Original paint?

Fat Effin Chance,

that is the O.G. paint. pretty sick isn't it? the former owner used it as a road bike. it was jacked up. 9 speed rear, suspension seat post, new LX shifters, v brakes. just messy.

now about the Smoke and Dart. i have bought Smoke and Dart tires recently from Nashbar. they are not the old school style. they are the "DH" mold. the old school ones that i am looking for have a much more rounded tread pattern and more tread blocks. if you have a source for the "non" Nashbar style i would love to hear about it.

Ciao,

Sette

settemarche

Sette,

That is probably one of the sweetest bucks I've seen...nice clean, simple build. The Nuke hubs do add a certain BLING to it though :D

cheers,

rody

Rody,

far to kinds sir. time to check into 29's single speeds with discs! check your e-mail ;-)

Sette

settemarche

Fat Effin Chance,

yep, those are the ones that i have. but there is an earlier version of the Smoke/Dart that is way better. if you check out Fat Tony's bike - i unwisely sold him my set. the tread pattern is really quite different.

Ciao,

Jeff

Spikes

The original Smoke & Dart en Smoke & Dart II pop up on eBay very regular. I recently picked up a set with skin walls. I think Onza's would also look good.

fatf**knchance

Yeah, those are the Smoke and Dart II. Haven't seen them in a while. The 2's were real soft and had a lot of side roll. i know the originals worked well in the east.