1993 Sapphire Fade YO

tvcreative

Finally got around to building this bad boy up...

A mix of m900 and other bits

Shimano M900 drivetrain XT shifters

M737 crankset (because thats what I had laying around)

Ritchey WCS Tires

Matrix singletrack pro rims

M900 hubs

Paul brakes and levers

Syncros Seatpost

Flite ti saddle

Ritchey stem

Salsa bars

Oury grips

King headset (threadless)

Rock Shox Judy (hippieteched)

I rode it 25 miles yesterday, very polite, stable, a little big for me

Not sure if I will keep, not sure if these parts will live forever on this bike, as I may swap out when I find more M900 stuff

Enjoy!

Attachments

• saphire yo side.jpg
    saphire yo side.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 171
  • saphire yo 34.jpg
    saphire yo 34.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 80
  • saphire yo 34f.jpg
    saphire yo 34f.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

tvcreative

yes, bought from Drops1 on ebay

for some reason i thought it was an ML

but I think you are right it is a Large, serial number is filled with alot of paint, I will have to resort to the old tricks to get it to lift out

thanks

Jim

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Given the short stem and that your seat is so far forward it does seem a little big. Beautiful frame set though.

Who knows, maybe in a few years to you can trade it to a European with too much seatpost showing ;)

tvcreative

yo eddy

Yes, the saddle is up on the rails, but I am old, and like to be over the BB, and I guess the 100mm stem is short?

The Cycle Art paint job is nice looking, thats for sure

thanks for your comments

Jim

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Not a short length for a modern bike, but for something from the 90s I'd say that 100mm is well on the short side. I've certainly made not-quite-the-right-size bikes work in the past (and I'm sure I'll do it in the future....).

Aesthetic issues aside, you could try some risers that would bring the grip area back and up a bit if this is going to keep going as a 25-mile rider. Looks like you already have good sweep going with those bars.

dtwanksta

beautiful build. i want to build mine up but haven't gotten around to it yet.

i have the same frame and color in a smaller size....not as nice condition as yours though. if you decide to go smaller email me devontsuno@gmail.com and i will consider selling it.

tvcreative

Thanks

Dtwanksta,

Thanks for your generous offer. I have 3 others, right now in various conditions and builds - and a wife that is ready to crown my @ss. I better not consider any more until I thin the heard so to say.

Best wishes

Jim

dtwanksta

Dtwanksta,

Thanks for your generous offer. I have 3 others, right now in various conditions and builds - and a wife that is ready to crown my @ss. I better not consider any more until I thin the heard so to say.

Best wishes

Jim

JIM same problem over here :confused: