1995 Yo

settemarche

Finally got this thing up an running. it is amazing what a little vacation time will do.
  • Yo Eddy - Medium
  • Judy SL (NOS)
  • XT 3x8 shifter/brake combo 737 (NOS)
  • NukeProof/Mavic 217 Wheelset (32 hole - 14/15 DB Spokes)
  • XTR F/R Derailleurs (M900)
  • XTR Crank (M900)
  • FSA Ultimax Ti bottom bracket
  • WTB SpeedMaster Cantis
  • XT 12-28 cassette (XTR 12/32 coming soon)
  • Panaracer Smoke/Dart Magic tires 2.1 (NOS)
  • Scott AT2LF handlebar
  • Control Tech stem
  • FSA headset
  • Oury grips
  • Syncros post
  • Flite Ti seat

Yo Eddy!

it is amazing what a little vacation time will do.

Yeah, I hope that also applies to me. Planning some modifications on my Yo for next Christmas holiday ;)

Sette, your bike is beautifull. Must be a great performer as well, as I see lot top notch parts. One of the bits I am really yealous for are the brakes :redface:

settemarche

Yeah, I hope that also applies to me. Planning some modifications on my Yo for next Christmas holiday ;)

Sette, your bike is beautifull. Must be a great performer as well, as I see lot top notch parts. One of the bits I am really yealous for are the brakes :redface:

Melvin,

i am telling ya. that frame has been the garage for ages. just waiting to be built up. all the parts were floating around. just having the time is what i needed. here. we finished the Buckshaver update. the Alibi is complete. this lovely Yo, and now on the Aqua Fade Yo awaits completion. it just takes time.

as for the WTB brakes. they are pretty cool. however when the brake pads become uncool they really make noise! i really need to get better at setting up canti brakes.

Sette

settemarche

stunning...

are you building the wicked?

Flav,

the Wicked is still under wraps. like it still has all the foam around it - like a chrysalis. waiting to emerge! not sure i am going to have enough time on this vacation ti get it complete.

however - there is another Yo that is 99% complete. i am just waiting on a silly 1" brake cable hanger. that is it. then we go riding. this one is 1993 Aqua Fade with matching you fork!

sidebar: right now the gearing on the blue Yo is awful for me. so it is horrible to climb on. but, i did notice even on the first ride in anger that in the twisty single track the Yo handles really really well. pretty confidence inspiring - i was rolling into the turns and then cranking out. it is very nice indeed. now i just gotta make the brakes stop sqweeeeeeelin

Sette

colker

grey and red kool stop blocks work really well for me though i know the right toe in is the secret.

that's the most beautifull yo i have seen recently.

colker

build the wicked! it will have a different fit from the yo. you may hate it... or love it.
it has a shorter top tube by 3/4in. that's a lot.

settemarche

build the wicked! it will have a different fit from the yo. you may hate it... or love it.
it has a shorter top tube by 3/4in. that's a lot.

Flav,

we are getting there. i think that i am going to start getting the bits in line for the Wicked. most everything is there. just need a headset, and seat post. little things. most likely will attempt the build on my next vacation in May. i would like to get the headset dialed in - then i could have a rolling chassis! and yea .75 of an inch is quite a bit. but the difference should be enjoyable. that is why i have so many bikes.

brakes. it must be the toe in. i am sure that it is way off. i have no clue no how to set them up properly. maybe i should do a web search. these brakes are good for about half the ride - the uphill part. then after a couple heavy stops they get real noisy. the are new Ritchey Whale blacks. i just need to spend some time on them.

Sette

colker

Flav,

we are getting there. i think that i am going to start getting the bits in line for the Wicked. most everything is there. just need a headset, and seat post. little things. most likely will attempt the build on my next vacation in May. i would like to get the headset dialed in - then i could have a rolling chassis! and yea .75 of an inch is quite a bit. but the difference should be enjoyable. that is why i have so many bikes.

brakes. it must be the toe in. i am sure that it is way off. i have no clue no how to set them up properly. maybe i should do a web search. these brakes are good for about half the ride - the uphill part. then after a couple heavy stops they get real noisy. the are new Ritchey Whale blacks. i just need to spend some time on them.

Sette

i got a tange levin headset fro ebay recently.. it's a copy from a record headset done by tange. a favourite w/ track cyclists. robust and beautifull. and chrome.
i have a specialized team edition 135 stem which is just a hsin lung black steel stem w/ a cable hanger in the form of a noodle goiong through a hole. it works and it looks good.
i have another stem similar... a tioga t bone. if you can't find a stem i will send you this one.
finding a nice seatpost for a wicked is a major PITA. i have a suntour and although slightly heavier at 290grs it's an awesome piece of equipment.
i don't 987s selling anywhere. too bad cause they are slim, elegant, not expensive and very light.
i have compact 95 xt cranks but if i could it all over again i would go w/ standard gearing. it just flows better.. maybe totally irrational but i can feel it.
i dialed my wicked last night and it is just a tight, groovy bike.

settemarche

i got a tange levin headset fro ebay recently.. it's a copy from a record headset done by tange. a favourite w/ track cyclists. robust and beautifull. and chrome.
i have a specialized team edition 135 stem which is just a hsin lung black steel stem w/ a cable hanger in the form of a noodle goiong through a hole. it works and it looks good.
i have another stem similar... a tioga t bone. if you can't find a stem i will send you this one.
finding a nice seatpost for a wicked is a major PITA. i have a suntour and although slightly heavier at 290grs it's an awesome piece of equipment.
i don't 987s selling anywhere. too bad cause they are slim, elegant, not expensive and very light.
i have compact 95 xt cranks but if i could it all over again i would go w/ standard gearing. it just flows better.. maybe totally irrational but i can feel it.
i dialed my wicked last night and it is just a tight, groovy bike.

Flav,

i think i recently saw a WTB grease guard 1" threaded. NOS - but the bottom cups had the WTB printed upside down. if a road headset is strong enough i think that is the way i want to go. i don't feel there is any need to plunk down big $$$$ for a King.

as for the stem - you are suggesting 135? not sure what look i want to go for in the cockpit. i think i might be leaning morw toward metallic (non black). the frame came with a alum colored NOS Specter seat post so i am fine with that. the frame is blue with white logos - so that is why i am going to keep it lightly colored.

cranks???? i have a set of Topline's are are in excellent shape. but that might be a little "new" for the frame. i also have the original XT or DX cranks from the BuckShaver. not sure what direction i want to go there? i also need to get the bearing cups and a seatpost clamp. so much to do. so much to do.

Sette

colker

Flav,

i think i recently saw a WTB grease guard 1" threaded. NOS - but the bottom cups had the WTB printed upside down. if a road headset is strong enough i think that is the way i want to go. i don't feel there is any need to plunk down big $$$$ for a King.

as for the stem - you are suggesting 135? not sure what look i want to go for in the cockpit. i think i might be leaning morw toward metallic (non black). the frame came with a alum colored NOS Specter seat post so i am fine with that. the frame is blue with white logos - so that is why i am going to keep it lightly colored.

cranks???? i have a set of Topline's are are in excellent shape. but that might be a little "new" for the frame. i also have the original XT or DX cranks from the BuckShaver. not sure what direction i want to go there? i also need to get the bearing cups and a seatpost clamp. so much to do. so much to do.

Sette

now that i am done w/ the wicked and mojo set ups i will be tinkering w/ the drop bar mikkelsen.

i still don't know if i make it a singlespeed w/ 180mm m950 xtr cranks, 36/18 ring/cog, eno wheel.
or i build it as intended in the first place" 24/34/46, 11-28 in the back, bar end shifters.
i may thread the vicious fork or a specialized fork which will lower the front by 1/2 in then i will have a nitto dirt drop stem in silver.
anyways... i am building the xt front hub into a lighter rim.
i love the feeling i get from this bike.

Attachments

• midgemikk2.jpg
    midgemikk2.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 25