69'er Conversion

Butcher

Here is what I've been thinking. I have a 1999 Yo Eddy with a period suspension fork. There looks to be plenty of room to put a 29" wheel on the front of it using a custom rigid fork with the right axle to crown measurements and offset.

Questions to you all are:

1 - has anyone done this with what results?

2 - what are the correct measurements for axle to crown on a 99 Yo?

sargon

Here is what I've been thinking. I have a 1999 Yo Eddy with a period suspension fork. There looks to be plenty of room to put a 29" wheel on the front of it using a custom rigid fork with the right axle to crown measurements and offset.

Questions to you all are:

1 - has anyone done this with what results?

2 - what are the correct measurements for axle to crown on a 99 Yo?

I just did it. I ended using a QB generic 26 ridged fork to keep the geo the same. Rides great. Although the end of the day I'm realizing the frame is too small for me so prob will sell. Anyway heres a crapy pic...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AB

Although the end of the day I'm realizing the frame is too small for me so prob will sell. Anyway heres a crapy pic...

Medium frame?

Butcher

"new" 69'er Yo Eddy

Well I got it done. Mark Nobilette made this fork for me last fall and I got it built up over the winter. I have put some substantial trail miles on it over the last couple of months and I like it quite a bit. Compared to my 90' Yo 26'er (also rigid) it feels a bit less "snappy" and does not corner quite as quickly, but it rolls over larger rocks and such so much easier and decending is dramatically improved. I've also noticed that the 69'er is more planted and I can rail corners harder before I start drifting/sliding. Overall I'm extreamly happy with the set up and it makes a nice addtion to my quiver of Fats. Another thing I noticed is the extra leverage of the larger wheel gave the rim brake a power boost.

Enjoy the pictures

Attachments

• Yo Eddy 69er resize.JPG
    Yo Eddy 69er resize.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
  • YoEddy 69er resize 1.JPG
    YoEddy 69er resize 1.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 21