92 Monster Brake Studs

Ranxirox

I am currently rebuilding a 92 monster that had been powdercoated by the previous owner. I have purchased M8 - M10 titanium brake studs and niether of them fit. I think the M8's were the right size but the thread pitch is different --- I THINK --- they started to thread but became difficult to turn. I was not going to put any pressure on them until I am 100% sure they are the right size and thread pitch. PLEASE HELP!

laffeaux

I ran into the same issue with a '93 Fit Ti. The fork and frame used different sized studs. The fork was "normal" but I could never find new studs for the rear. I eventually used the incredibly rusty set that came with the frame, and used a lot of elbow grease to get them to look nicer.

So, I can't offer you the correct thread pitch, but I can tell you that you're not crazy, they really are an odd ball size.

mainlyfats

I am currently rebuilding a 92 monster that had been powdercoated by the previous owner. I have purchased M8 - M10 titanium brake studs and niether of them fit. I think the M8's were the right size but the thread pitch is different --- I THINK --- they started to thread but became difficult to turn. I was not going to put any pressure on them until I am 100% sure they are the right size and thread pitch. PLEASE HELP!

I can add - although not confirm - that almost anything you easily find after-market will be metric and almost everything (if not absolutely everything) that Fat used was imperial.

Ranxirox

O.K. so now I am looking for imperial threaded brake studs. I wonder if they can be obtained from an old Huffy?