• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

'98 Pace frame and fork + Hope calipers

Beelzebub

Hi folks.

I need to sell on a '98 Pace RC200 F7 frame, 18.5" centre to centre, one and one eighth head tube, anodized gray, some signs of wear, otherwise extremely good condition,

with a '98 Pace RC36 Evo II fork, 70mm travel, one and one eighth steerer, again in extremely good condition,

plus Hope calipers back and front, hardly used at all.

Fairly sensible offers welcomed (or plain silly ones for that matter)... ;D

Beelzebub

Cheers, Scant - some of them do work hard for a 'bargain', don't they.

Having said that, I'm not after a huge amount for it - it's one of those fairly quick sale situations where I've got eyes for something else and I'm not overly fussed about what I get for it, within reason.

What's the tally so far for the Cheddar Retro gathering? It's clearly THE event of the year... ;D

Beelzebub

Hi Stuart, how's things?

Kind of going all gooey-eyed at the moment over an Indy Fab Ti Deluxe, or maybe a steel. The geometry's a little more my kind of thing, hence parting with the Yo. I didn't think I was going to do it, but it's been eight years and I feel like a change. IF are more or less what Fat Chance would have become had they stayed in business, to I don't feel too much like a deserter. I just have the problem of raising TONS of cash. So what's new...

I'm looking forward to the Cheddar gathering, but I won't be on anything retro, unless it's a (new) singlespeed, which I suppose is at least retro in back to basics simplicity.

How's the Buck Shaver? Any pics yet?

scant

firstly, scooby ben, glad you've decided to come along dude ;D

I rode a IF ti (purely for comparision purposes) @ SSMM this yr & to be honest I was kinda surprised @ how harsh it was. Didnt feel anywhere near as comfortable as my FAT ti. I'd also miss FATs trademark domed dropouts ;)

Beelzebub, if you really decided you wanted an IF, you can get them from the US for around

scant

buyin the frame from the US mate. After 20yrs of mtbin I try 2 avoid paying UK retail where ever possible ;)

ST

Tom, the Buck is fine but is sat in the spare room waiting for Cheddar. I will get some photos taken whilst it's in full brand new unridden glory. I'll send you a pic and try to get it hosted and linked to the site. I'm really pleased with it but I guess it may not be to everyone's taste. Scant saw it at Mayhem.

Beelzebub

Stu, if it pleases you that's all that matters! Looking forward to a pic ot two.

The Yo has now started a new life with a new owner - Pedro, one of Fat Cogs' recent disciples. It was definitely the right move for me as I'm after newer things now.

Like the brand new white as you like Surly 1X1 I took charge of today (a new frame but retro at heart). I'm currently waiting for some bits to arrive to complete the build. I can't recall being as excited about getting out on a new bike as I am right now. The frame looks fantastic, much better/prettier than I'd anticipated. Great styling and great finish, considering the price.

I'll be taking it to Cheddar to give all those Fats a run for their money...