Anyone seen this before?

proto2000

I picked up a 92 Yo Eddy a couple months ago and quickly went looking for sites that have info on Fats and found this one, nice. I am leaving all of the parts that are on it alone except for those that are missing or broken. I have a question on a sticker that is on the seat tube down by the BB because I can't find anything about it here or anywhere but have found at Wikipedia that it references to a Civil War New Hampshire Brigade. It says "The Glory Not The Prey". I have included a photo so if anyone knows if this original to Fats or not please fill me in.

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
SDC11196.jpg

jbrannsten

Staff member
I picked up a 92 Yo Eddy

Your bike is not a '92, it must be a late '94 or later. FCC shut down their production in Somerville MA in October 1994 and moved as part of selling out to Serrotta.

This sticker you have on your frame indicates it is a frame produced in the factory in South Glen Falls, Serretoga. It probably says so on the sticker as well. All frames prior to that has the flag with Don't thread on me, Made in Mass....

Let us know your serial number, this usually give a good idea of the productin year, though the later frames seems to have som strange serials with no reference to production year....

proto2000

Serial #

Do I register here: Fat City Cycles Frame Registry thread? The serial number is 250Y2M so I assumed it is a Yo Eddy 1992 Medium. It has a 1" steer tube and the frame has a tab to on the to keep seat clamp from coming off and a wheel for the front derailleur.

Doug Carter

Staff member
By the serial number, it IS a 1992, but must have been repainted at the factory in Saratoga (Serotta) after the company was sold. It's also possible that it was one of the transition frames that was made and built in Somerville, MA and wasn't painted, completed or sold until after the move to Saratoga, NY after Fat City was sold to Serotta. Either way, the flag decal was from the NY era.

Welcome to the forums,

doug

proto2000

Great

Thanks. That settles it, I'm leaving the decal/sticker on. I have not ridden it yet because
I still need a left XT shifter/brake but really just the shifter part, it does not seem right but I'll know once I ride it.

AB

My vote is it's a repaint - in 1992 frames didn't sit around very long IMO.

smittylube

Where in norcal are you?

I have some thumbies in great shape if needed. some other odds and ends as well.

steve

oh and welcome

proto2000

Santa Teresa

I'm near Blossom Hill and Santa Teresa, you? I'm hoping to keep the ratchet shifters on it if they work ok. I'll keep that in mind if they don't work out.