Bars suitable for a monster ?

theredchili

Anyone suggest a nice pair of black handle bars to suit a 91 Monster ? groupie is a suntour XC pro/comp ?

Want something which is period correct , just out of ideas !

tvcreative

always tough

Control tech by easton
Answer Hyperlite or taperlite by easton
salsa bars

ritchey force/forcelite? (although I have steered clear of putting anything ritchey on my bikes so far)

I have a monster it came with a salsa roller cam stem and FC bars...I am sure they were made by someone else like TIOGA or something, i believe you are right about the Suntour Pro being mainly a standard. (again is this TIOGA?)

theredchili

Tioga sounds interesting , wanted to avoid Answer hyperlites as have them for another build . Salsa ones I fear will be hard to source

Any other suggestions ?

Retro Dude

Bontrager Ti bars were always nice upgrade. I just picked one up for my Yo build but I am thinking about putting on my rigid Litespeed in my quest to go all Ti.

theredchili

Thanks Everyone

I may struggle to find True temper or Fat city (True Temper)bars, don't want anything too bling ,

chefmiguel

I don't remember them going that far back but I am old and these things happen.

I'd still search for True Temper bars. Syncros made a nice bar back then too.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
They've been up on eBay fairly frequently lately. There are version with lots of sweep and more straight examples. Both are pretty sweet.

All my '91 bikes had them at some point, but I don't know how far before and after that they lasted as spec.

BostonBobby

I have a set of tru temper fat chance bars i just took off my yo eddy cause i found some others. They are scratched up but the logos are still visable i was going to remove the paint or just get them painted when i get my yo painted. I threw them up on that site today.

Syborg

I've a Syncros Hardcore bar on my Monster

IMG_3541.jpg

theredchili

I have a set of tru temper fat chance bars i just took off my yo eddy cause i found some others. They are scratched up but the logos are still visable i was going to remove the paint or just get them painted when i get my yo painted. I threw them up on that site today.

Watching with interest :D

nader

hi bobby,

Unfortunately, the shipping was too expensive for me :D I have given you an answer on ebay. ;)