Better late than never...

lucifer

Well yesterday I finally became a fat chance owner. Thanks to ebay and fed ex. Its not every day that you get a chance to buy a brand new never built frame from a manufacturer thats been gone for half a decade. She arrived yesterday and was whisked off to the LBS for a headset and fork install.

Her serial number is 163B4M Any help you could give as to when she was made would be most appreciated.

She is destined to be built up with a 1 x 7 drivetrain using mostly vintage components and whatever else I can find for a good deal on ebay. I honestly am amazed at the build quality of this frame.

Pictures at
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=69787

DonH

Congrats!.....Beautiful frame!! I saw that auction and almost bid on it.....im wishing i did!

Doug Carter

Staff member
lucifer said:
Her serial number is 163B4M Any help you could give as to when she was made would be most appreciated.

1994 Buckshaver in a medium, and was the 163rd frame built that year.

Beautiful bike. I saw that one out there, that was a nice deal. Congrats!

doug

lucifer

Doug said:
lucifer said:

1994 Buckshaver in a medium, and was the 163rd frame built that year.

Beautiful bike. I saw that one out there, that was a nice deal. Congrats!

doug

That's how I read it too but for some reason the seller thought it was at least 5 years newer than that.
The 1" head tube however makes me think it really is a 94.

Wow I suppose if it is that means it somehow sat around for 10 1/2 years without being built up.

It was actually an even better deal than it looks on the auction. If you subtract out the extra parts I basically got the frame for $395

ST

Very nice, the forks sit really well too!

My Buck is the standard red (as shown elsewhere on this site) and I've just sourced some carbon Judy FSX'x to replace the Project 2s.

Must check the frame number and try to date it.