• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

fat vineyard

Fat Vineyard

Hello Fat Fans. I own a 1983 Fat Chance in all original, except for the seat, condition. It was only used lightly and is hardly worn at all. Serial #8370. I am curious about it's worth. I also have a 87, serial #87079, frame that was never built up. I have the frame, forks, handle bars, stem, pedals, front sprockets, brake levers, and brakes. I was a friend of John Troja and Michael Barbani and in fact a Sears Bike I bought and destroyed in hours was the original inspiration for getting into the fat bike business. I showed John my destroyed kids only off road bike and thought what a great concept an indestructible real off road machine would be. He and Michael took the idea to Chris Chance, racing bike frame builder, and together they started designing the proper geometry for an off road bike. It is great to see how loyal the fans of Fat City Cycles and Fat Chance are. It takes me back to my youth. I sent my story to Jeff at first flight after seeing his museum of Fat Chances. Those were fun times but few people know it all started here on the Vineyard. I will get some pictures out when I can and until then happy cycling from Martha's Vineyard island, Ma. Don

mainlyfats

Hello Fat Fans. I own a 1983 Fat Chance in all original, except for the seat, condition. It was only used lightly and is hardly worn at all. Serial #8370. I am curious about it's worth. I also have a 87, serial #87079, frame that was never built up. I have the frame, forks, handle bars, stem, pedals, front sprockets, brake levers, and brakes. I was a friend of John Troja and Michael Barbani and in fact a Sears Bike I bought and destroyed in hours was the original inspiration for getting into the fat bike business. I showed John my destroyed kids only off road bike and thought what a great concept an indestructible real off road machine would be. He and Michael took the idea to Chris Chance, racing bike frame builder, and together they started designing the proper geometry for an off road bike. It is great to see how loyal the fans of Fat City Cycles and Fat Chance are. It takes me back to my youth. I sent my story to Jeff at first flight after seeing his museum of Fat Chances. Those were fun times but few people know it all started here on the Vineyard. I will get some pictures out when I can and until then happy cycling from Martha's Vineyard island, Ma. Don

Super interested in your 83!

AB

Vineyard Fats

Don, Very interesting story and I'm sure we all would like to see your early Fat City bikes. They would no doubt generate a lot of interest from the members. If you saw Jeffs' site at First Flight you probably know that your '83 Fat is rare and quite valuable - condition and originality being key. I've visited the Vineyard and must say it seems like the ideal place for bike riding and I'm certainly a bit jealous of the residents. Happy biking and watch out for the summer traffic!

AB

Fat Vineyard

83 fat chance

As soon as I figure out how to get the pictures to the web sight I will send you some pic's. Where's that kid when you need her?? Don

MikeyNYC

The 83 is a 17 inch. Sounds like a sweet bike and reasonably priced too.

Serial #8370 means that it was probably the 70th frame made in 1983.
There's nothing that indiactes that magical serial # codes were used @ Fat City until like 1987 when the "Wicked" came out with a more tight geometry from the standard "laid-back" "Fat Chance" model's geometry. :twocents: