This is my Monster Fat

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

DC

SWEET!
So many cool MONSTERs on here lately, are they all going over the pond???

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Super clean! I'm not a fan of gripshift but it is always nice to see the smiling Frank.
That purple is nice too.

Dr S

Very nice, looks super clean with those amberwalls. Nice and balanced and looks comfortable too. How does it ride?

rthomer

I'd love to see the rest of it Nate.
That was the original color of mine up until my momentary lapse of consciousness.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Thanks! And yes, it is that pink in person.

I posted a slew of pics in this thread at RetroBike:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79008

Not sure if are pics viewable for non-members, but it is worth joining up otherwise!

I am trying to decide what to do with it re: a dirt drop set up. This weekend is ridiculously busy with work stuff, but I might have some time to try to bend me some old Cinelli's. Either that, or keep searching for a proper set of offroad drops.

DC

Man-o-man!!! That is the bike that might make me stop wanting another FAT! My 1st Yo was Imron white with a TEAM PINK Yo! fork and pink decals, boy do I miss that machine! I kicked so many macho d.head's butts on that TEAM PINK ride! Your MONSTER is a MONSTER to behold! A Soma Junebug bar in white might rock it, but you'd have to go for a 31.8 stem.(maybe with an appropriate stem from Rody or Chris I). If you have trouble deciding, just pm me for an addy to ship it to and I'll take care of her!!
Rock it - nice ride!!!

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Thanks! And thanks for the recommendation too. I saw the Junebug while searching---the white would look great with a bit left untaped, but too bad it is only 31.8. I'd like to try the Midges but the hand-space issue kinda sucks.

But the part sourcing continues! I have a set of NOS 7 speed Suntour barcons heading my way now :)
Once I decide on bars I'll narrow the stem options.....

RobTu

Not sure if are pics viewable for non-members, but it is worth joining up otherwise!

I am trying to decide what to do with it re: a dirt drop set up. This weekend is ridiculously busy with work stuff, but I might have some time to try to bend me some old Cinelli's. Either that, or keep searching for a proper set of offroad drops.

I was waiting to see that one here...gorgeous monster, that pink one :cool:

Upchuck

I tried a set of WTB dirtdrops on my Monster. The headtube is so short I had to use a ridiculously tall Nitto stem just to get into a comfortable riding position.
Monster_Fat_DirtDrop_650B.jpg

Nitto_stem_DirtDrops.jpg

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Looks great. I remembering seeing that somewhere---socal riders maybe?

And yes, that is tall! I don't think it looks bad though---kind of dig it actually. Good thing since that is what I am up against ;)

Did you keep it like that and how did you find it ride-wise with drops?

Upchuck

Looks great. I remembering seeing that somewhere---socal riders maybe?

And yes, that is tall! I don't think it looks bad though---kind of dig it actually. Good thing since that is what I am up against ;)

Did you keep it like that and how did you find it ride-wise with drops?

It's still built up like that, but soon to be changed to a conventional bar. It rides well on moderately smooth trails. We have a lot of rocky trails out here in Southern California, and I prefer them over the smooth stuff.

I get awfully nervous with the long stem on the rough descents. I have visions of me becoming a human lawn dart...