Replacements for Grafton cranks

Will

My venerable Grafton cranks have developed stress fractures around the bolt area so are in need of a replacement.

Any suggestions for something that 'll fit a square taper BB. Most seem to be splined or octalink at the moment, and I'd like to keep on using the Royce bottom bracket if possible.

Will

jez

Get on ebay:

Cook Bros (all variations)
Topline
RaceFace
Kooka
Rictchey
Specialized

Theres loads!

I love crank shopping! You should have no problem finding some nice oldskool cranks...

Jez

scant

I'd probs suggest old shimano, suntour, specialized as being the most useable. I tried both cooks & topline on my Yo & both were surprisingly low in quality. Depends on wether you want to ride it or just for it to look cool ;)

Will

Thanks for the suggestions. Think I'll keep a look out for something cold forged, maybe some old Ritchey Logics.

It's a shame about the Graftons, good looking but not the last word in strength.

I have some Hershey cranks on my Ti and they've held up remarkably well, but I'd imagine they're quite hard to track down these days.

Will

scant

HERSHEY are exceptionally rare in the UK!
try ebay.com & .de for the rarer stuff :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will

I was always confused as to whether Cooks Quality Products were the same as Cooks Bros Racing. They have a similar profile but the CQPs look beefier.

Will

scant

while I agree that RF have made some of the most useable aftermarket cranks for some time now. You really couldnt pass up those CQP ti cranks, even if just to hang them on the wall!
I heard of a friend of a friend who has a grafton speed controller canti on their bathroom light switch recently! no BS!
:D

ta

scant