Restoring 96 Eddy

s0und

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of uncovering what's needed for my 96 Eddy restore and for that I have a few questions.

First of all I'm wondering whether there are any year-specific datasheets available for dimensions, equipment lists and such available? :confused:

Appreciate your time, and thanks in advance

Martin, Norway

Attachments

• eddy96.jpg
    eddy96.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 94

colker

I like the straight shimano no nonsense m950 build except the proprietary chainrings are shimano's number one bad idea. A Race Face crankset is the answer. If you can have a king rear hub or hugi.. it's an improvement as well.

WD Pro

I like the straight shimano no nonsense m950 build except the proprietary chainrings are shimano's number one bad idea. A Race Face crankset is the answer. If you can have a king rear hub or hugi.. it's an improvement as well.

M95* can be had with a XTR five arm (right) or retrofitted with another shimano spider with slight modification (left) :

Non XTR version on M950 arm :

WD :D

colker

Is that a 96? looks like a 11/8 head tube and the cable guides are different.. I would say it's a 98/99 production run.

s0und

Yeh i think it's a 96, atleast as i could look it up in the old catalogues :D

Yeh brakehandles and everything brake-related is original XTR, so im guessing im sticking with it and hopefully ill be able to locate a RS Judy aswell for an original restore.

I havent done any measurements yet, but i think it's a 1-1/8, and it's east-cost built afaict. :cool:

Anybody know if i need a threaded or unthreaded fork for this? and steerer length on it?

Thanks for that timeline overview of 1996, that will come in handy!

G-Dog

year

Pretty sure it's a 97-2000, cable routing and head tube size would indicate that, but more than likely 97 as paint color changed after 97. But with Fats, there are no absolutes except quality.