Shock-a-Billy on ebay - questions

Jack Lantern

So, the Shock-a-Billy on ebay (item 7231793623), does the derailleur hanger look hammered beyond repair to anybody? It looks pretty bent inward and also looks to be made of alloy so straightening would probably be outta the question, right? I confess I don't know alot about them so I guess my next question would be is the hanger replaceable or will one have to find a machinist then a frame builder to get this up and riding again? Also could anyone shed a little light on the sizing of these bikes? The seller thinks it is a M/L but others think it's a M, the seat tube measures 17-1/2" c-c as he states. Bike looks like it's gonna need alot of TLC, even w/o any derailleur hanger issues, and I just want to be sure it's a "do-able" project.

Thanks to all for your input...

That bike is ****ed! The guy didn't even bother hosing it off! What a fag. I wouldn't even consider buying that thing as a project bike. Just a headache!
Fatty

Doug Carter

Staff member
Ok, first and LAST warning. Taunts, name-calling and using unnecessary language towards people you don't even know isn't needed here. There's no reason for it.

mainlyfats

It'd make a cool singlespeed

fattyboombatty said:
That bike is ****ed! The guy didn't even bother hosing it off! What a ***. I wouldn't even consider buying that thing as a project bike. Just a headache!
Fatty

I'd love to have a Billy, SS it and get rid of all the suspension. Turn and attach a nice pieces of exotic hardwood in place of the rear shock and front elastomers.

I'd be my statement on how to make a full suspension bike last as long as a rigid bike.

If that were a large or XL, I might be tempted.

Bssc

The hanger is steel and non replaceable with out frame work. As long as the threads have not been egged it is repairable, I seriously doubt this is the case after reading the sellers comments. If I were to place a bid I would keep in mind that he hanger needs to be replaced and painted by a competent frame builder.

lucifer

Bssc said:
The hanger is steel and non replaceable with out frame work. As long as the threads have not been egged it is repairable, I seriously doubt this is the case after reading the sellers comments. If I were to place a bid I would keep in mind that he hanger needs to be replaced and painted by a competent frame builder.

Ok maybe I am nuts but it seems to me like that billy has an amp rear end. Which would have been aluminum. And along those lines the easiest way to fix it would be to wholesale a rear end off an amp donor bike...

yoshboston

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.