So what exactly did happen to Fat City Cycles?

kevin881

In the mid-90's I kind of lost touch with the scene. In 2001, my YO! was stolen by someone who knew what they were looking for. I immediately started looking for dealers who sold Fat City frames, but was told they had gone out of business.

I heard other rumors, like Chris Chance folded the company instead of selling out to a larger company like Trek when the company hit hard times financially.

I just never got the "official" story as to what happened. Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks.

Doug Carter

Staff member
If I'm not mistaken, there are a few thread in the archives about the history and destruction of Fat. I think there is even a thread with a magazine article about the Serotta years in Chris' own words. Inetersting stuff. Just do a little digging in the General forum threads, you'll find some great stuff.

kevin881

by the way....

I had no idea there were more threads because I didnt realize that you had to pull-down "show all since the beginning." I guess the default is that you only see what has been active for the last month or so.

Sorry about not searching more thoroughly first.

Yo Eddy!

Hi Kevin,

Reading that I think you were not logged in and/or faced the cookie allowance issue. On the later: Internet options => Privacy => Websites => Allow 'apexspeed.com'

Done :)