Wicked Single Speed

muzzarelli

A friend has talked me iinto getting my old Wicked out of retirement for the New Zealand Single Speed Champs in a few weeks. Here are some photos of the poor old girl complete with single speed fitout, my mates a Surly nut, so we've used a Surley Singleator etc.
drivechaingb8.jpg

I plan to dismantle her and get the frame repainted after the single speed race. Note frame repair around top of seat post.
fatchancenz6.jpg

Took it out for one of the local races last weekend (R&R Sport 'Summer' series at Riverhead forest west of Auckland) to get back into the feel of racing again (it's been 12 years since I last raced). As you can see it was pretty muddy!
n6028763785590821345il0.jpg
I enjoyed the adrenaline rush, and passing the odd full suspension bike on the rutted clay downhills.
n6028763785590831887ak7.jpg

settemarche

Muzz,

seriously Wicked! looks like you had a blast. it brings a smile to my face to see Fat bikes south of the Equator.

cheers,

Settte

colker

those blue decals on the dark cherry frame... nice.:D

same color as my frame.

Attachments

• wickedgraffitifatcogs.jpg
    wickedgraffitifatcogs.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 23

muzzarelli

White Decals

My decals were white like yours Flavio, but they got so damaged by the late 90's you could barely see them. The decals appeared to be applied OVER the clear coat on my bike so they came off easily (is that normal on a Fat?). I redrew the decals in Adobe Illustrator and cut them out on a vinyl sign cutter that we had at my work back then. When I repaint, I'd probably go back to the whites ones again if can get them.

colker

My decals were white like yours Flavio, but they got so damaged by the late 90's you could barely see them. The decals appeared to be applied OVER the clear coat on my bike so they came off easily (is that normal on a Fat?). I redrew the decals in Adobe Illustrator and cut them out on a vinyl sign cutter that we had at my work back then. When I repaint, I'd probably go back to the whites ones again if can get them.

the same here: applied over the clearcoat. ??:confused: