WTB: 26.4 mtb seatpost for a 91' monster fat

toph929

Hi all - i just scored a basement find all original 1991 monster fat. Looking for a seatpost to fit this bike if anyone has anything period for sale in this size that please let me know. I did some research on the site and looks like its a 26.4 is the correct size from what I read.

Thanks in advance.

rthomer

I've seen Sakae TCO's (tall cool one) around in 26.4, pretty common on Fat builds, particularly Monster's. Occasionally Suntour XC Pro's in 26.4 pop up on EBay, thats a nice post. If you don't mind using a seat post shim, you could go with a 25.4mm post and step up to a 26.4. I did that with a Thomson post on a Fat that I have. Not "period" correct I guess, but it's a nice post. Good Luck!

toph929

I've seen Sakae TCO's (tall cool one) around in 26.4, pretty common on Fat builds, particularly Monster's. Occasionally Suntour XC Pro's in 26.4 pop up on EBay, thats a nice post. If you don't mind using a seat post shim, you could go with a 25.4mm post and step up to a 26.4. I did that with a Thomson post on a Fat that I have. Not "period" correct I guess, but it's a nice post. Good Luck!
Thank you that's some great info! I may try that!