1991 Monster Fat

kuna26

Some of you may have already seen this on mtbr.com, but thought I would post here also. Have matching Mag 20 forks rebuilt to go on this. Also have a full Shimano DX group all NOS to put on. Should be ready soon, just waiting for one last part to come in. :p

Attachments

• Jonathan Drive 012.jpg
    Jonathan Drive 012.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Jonathan Drive 010.jpg
    Jonathan Drive 010.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Jonathan Drive 001.jpg
    Jonathan Drive 001.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 96

Doug Carter

Staff member
Stunning. I love it.
biggrin.gif

rick

Pink Monster

I have the same bike in black, but really like it in pink.

First Flight Bikes has a pink one too.

ridefat

Pink Monster FAT

I know of a pink Monster FAT (exactly like the one pictured in this thread) that is for sale. It is built complete with all Suntour XC Pro components and a rigid fork (not a Big One). Size is Medium and I believe it's a '92. Condition is absolutely MINT - you wouldn't believe how new this thing looks! My guess is there's not 50 miles on it and if there were you'd never know it. Anyone interested please contact me a.s.a.p. and I'll put you in touch with the seller. Otherwise I feel certain it will show up on ebay soon.

stevek

Beauty, another one that I wouldn't mind having! Could you PM or email me details please?

Ta
Steve

zsazsu

That looks sweet! I myself have a '91 Monster. It used to be that color like yours but now it's yellow (check the last page of the registry). I was wondering if you know what that color was called? I forget. Thanks in advance. Oh, and was that a re-spray or original?

Jack Lantern

Some of you may have already seen this on mtbr.com, but thought I would post here also. Have matching Mag 20 forks rebuilt to go on this. Also have a full Shimano DX group all NOS to put on. Should be ready soon, just waiting for one last part to come in. :p
Awesome! This has GOT to be a respray, right? If so where'd ja get them deh-kls'?? C'mon....do tell. ;)

kuna26

Monster build

That looks sweet! I myself have a '91 Monster. It used to be that color like yours but now it's yellow (check the last page of the registry). I was wondering if you know what that color was called? I forget. Thanks in advance. Oh, and was that a re-spray or original?

According to Wendyll, color was called "Last Page Pink". It is the original color of the frame, and when I received it the decals were flaking off and had scratches in the paint. no rust, dents, dings, or scrapes. I sent it to Spectrum and they powder coated it, applied the new decals and then finished it in a clear coat to protect the decals and frame. The decals are original and I got those from the ever hard to locate Wendyll. By the way I finished building it up with period correct NOS parts. It looks like it just rolled out of the bike shop in 1991. :D

zsazsu

Thanks for the info. It's funny, she sold that color to me over the phone as "Hot Rasberry" back in '91.