ISO: new BB spindle

Y_two_K

I picked up new bearings for my '89 Wicked, but I also need a new spindle. I've been searching for a couple days online with no luck. It's ~123mm in length. Thanks for any help folks!

Y_two_K

well, I thought my only option is to find a someone with a vintage spindle they're looking to get rid of. But I've been thinking, someone is still producing the bearings that fit the frame with the flanges and BMX bikes used 17mm and 19mm square taper spindles. So maybe I'll take some measurements of these bearings and find one with the same OD & W, but a 17 or 19mm bore. Then all I will have to find are some shaft collars, which I doubt will be hard. (or maybe use a ton of washer and space the cranks out that way).

Y_two_K

Call Phil Wood.
do you think they’d make a 5/8” spindle for me? I only saw 17mm spindles and they were quite expensive. I found some Answer 17mm bmx spindles online I was going to buy, unfortunately they’re only in titanium, but much cheaper than phill.

Stingercut

There is a member called Yaldie on the sister site Retrobike who had some ones made in the UK recently. Join and maybe hit him up for details.

Attachments

• 92AB632E-055B-420E-B0E0-E0AA750A7225.jpeg
    92AB632E-055B-420E-B0E0-E0AA750A7225.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 2

colker

I picked up new bearings for my '89 Wicked, but I also need a new spindle. I've been searching for a couple days online with no luck. It's ~123mm in length. Thanks for any help folks!
Bearings must match spindle´s od, right?