Latest FAT Ti review.

AB

A few of points about new Ti frames:
- If you can't produce something as good as Moots it will probably not work out for you.
- High quality titanium is becoming increasing hard to source so the cost will be high and production low.
- Higher quality carbon has filled this spot fairly well in recent years at a lower price point.

AB

Stingercut

A few of points about new Ti frames:
- If you can't produce something as good as Moots it will probably not work out for you.
- High quality titanium is becoming increasing hard to source so the cost will be high and production low.
- Higher quality carbon has filled this spot fairly well in recent years at a lower price point.

AB
I have no doubt the new FAT Ti frames are absolute top quality. Chris Chance always has been an OCD perfectionist. I had a good look at pics of the welds. The few reviews I have seen on FB have been singing their praises. Carbon does nothing for me and wont last the test of time either. These FATs are more akin to limited edition Ferraris and should be appreciated as such imo. Its not all about the fastest 1/4 mile. 🥃🥃

AB

Looking forward to seeing the new version. I don't have any carbon bikes so I can't speak to that, but I do feel that the Ti bikes from FCC are more like the Porsche 911. An iconic classic that needs to be driven to appreciate. The analogy here is the common practice with Ferrari owners to brag about how few miles are on their cars while Porsche owners brag about how many miles are on their cars. I never get bored riding my Ti bikes because they are so responsive.

laffeaux

What's the story on the TI frames? Are they going to be produced?

I've been looking at Ti hardtails for a few months and woudl love to see what Chris has to offer. Currently I've not seen a production frame that checks all of my boxes and the only option that I really see is custom. Lynskey has the only production frame that has the geometry that I've looking at but does not accept a front derailleur (bad) and is spaced for boost (not horrible, but I'd prefer non-boost). The Yo geometry has a steeper HTA and slacker STA than I'd want. Curious of Chris is changing the geometry at all for the Ti bikes or the Yo 3.0.

zonq

I've owned mostly carbon frames back to the beginning of time, but have also owned a couple dozen ti frames from botiquey builders of all sorts. I don't see how anyone could try to compare a ti frame to a carbon frame at any quality level. We might as well be comparing coffee makers to phases of the moon, bc they're completely different kinds of objects defined by their very different material choices on every level, and for unrelated use cases. Of course there are some unfortunate overlaps, such as Moots' FS frames and certain Specialized road frames, but we can close our eyes and click our heels together and convince ourselves those were just a bad dream easily enough.

Eric (always a pleasure to see you pop up), if I recall, Chris would call to talk about your specific needs and tailor some of the details of your frame based on your desires. If he's already doing that, perhaps a little custom geometry isn't too far out of the question? ...or maybe he wouldn't want to, bc if it turns out too weird, and you sell it off, now a procession of people are buying & riding that bike thinking that's what a Fat Chance rides like. Maybe worth an inquiry.

Yukfish

What's the story on the TI frames? Are they going to be produced?

I've been looking at Ti hardtails for a few months and woudl love to see what Chris has to offer. Currently I've not seen a production frame that checks all of my boxes and the only option that I really see is custom. Lynskey has the only production frame that has the geometry that I've looking at but does not accept a front derailleur (bad) and is spaced for boost (not horrible, but I'd prefer non-boost). The Yo geometry has a steeper HTA and slacker STA than I'd want. Curious of Chris is changing the geometry at all for the Ti bikes or the Yo 3.0.
would be interested to know. There's been no updates for a while now?