Monster Fat (1992?)

karma wheels

Hello,
this is my first post here :) (I'm not speaking english as 1st language, I hope you'll understand me anyways)
My friends made me the best present ever by offering me a Fat Chance Monster Fat frame kit, from 1992 if I'm not mistaken (bottom bracket n° ending with "M2M".
I have a few question regarding this frame, maybe some of you might help?
- Do you have any references for a nice seatpost clamp, I'm not familiar with this seat tube ending loop thingy, which I guess is for the canti brake hanger, but I'm worried on how it matches with a seat clamp (and what type)?
- I measured the seatpost size at around 26.4mm am I right with this? or do any of you got another size?
thanks a lot for your help :)
Here a few pictures of the frameset:FatChanceMonsterFat-kitcadre-1250676.jpg

Attachments

• FatChanceMonsterFat-kitcadre-1250686.jpg
    FatChanceMonsterFat-kitcadre-1250686.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • FatChanceMonsterFat-kitcadre-1250681.jpg
    FatChanceMonsterFat-kitcadre-1250681.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 9
  • FatChanceMonsterFat-kitcadre-1250684.jpg
    FatChanceMonsterFat-kitcadre-1250684.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

I-ROBOT

Hello and Welcome!
Yes it appears that you have a 1992 medium Monster Fat! I'm sure I had my hands on it at some point in the manufacturing process. I forget who we got the knock-off forks from. It was an attempt to reduce the cost while maintaining the look.
Good luck with it!
Regards
Scott

karma wheels

Hello and Welcome!
Yes it appears that you have a 1992 medium Monster Fat! I'm sure I had my hands on it at some point in the manufacturing process. I forget who we got the knock-off forks from. It was an attempt to reduce the cost while maintaining the look.
Good luck with it!
Regards
Scott
Thanks a lot for your reply! It's great to talk to someone who worked on it!
Do you have any recollection of what kind of seat collar is supposed to work with this kind of seattube "loop"?
Regards

AB

See the '91 Monster For Sale for the seat collar and cable hanger set up you will need.