I've got about a half a dozen rides on my new FC. It's an XL Lavender 29er. I'm running a 120 mm Pike, Sram GX, Thomson stem/post, Enve DH bars, Stans hoops, Slx brakes, and Maxxis Ardents. I'm in Northern Utah and weigh about 220lbs.
The new FC is similar to a mullet; it's XC in the back, and AM/trail in the front. My main ride is a Santa Cruz LTC with XO1. The Yo is more agile and quick, but not as comfortable as the SC-for obvious reasons. It climbs very well and handles decent on the downhills. My rides vary in elevation (1500'-4500'). Northern Utah trails are very loose and chunky - about 80%. The other 20% are tight, twisty, and flowy (Ogden BST, Park City, Powder Mt). Though I only plan on riding the Yo on 20% of our trails, this is where I do most of my riding.
I was concerned about flex and the max tire size on the rear, but both are non-issues. It's actually much stiffer laterally than I expected. The frame is beautiful and quite lite. It exceeded my expectations when it arrived. The powder coating was done well, and I had no issues with assembly. The Pike is a nice fit, but you could go with a Sid if you want a more XC bike. The GX is decent for the price, but a little heavy. The steel sram n/w chainrings are a bargain.
The only issue I had was the seatpost clamp. I had to tighten it more than I'd like to keep the post from slipping. I didn't face the frame professionally, but I did use Emory cloth on the head tube and BB. I think the 27.5+ will be a nice addition to the 2016 Yo, since it will add some mild suspension. I think any future hardtail purchases moving forward will include 27.5+.
I have no regrets purchasing my new FC. I look forward to riding a FS FC someday also (needed for epic all day rides). Feel free to check out some pictures of my bike on Instagram @ giordanodarren. Cheers!