They call me Mello Grello

tvcreative

Greetings...

Not exactly a period correct 90' Yo. But correct while out on the trail. Right now it has a monster fork and parts from 1996/1997. Awaiting the original fork from the shop owner, and looking for stickers...

Don't want to repaint, needs a few areas of touch up. Any leads on Grello touch up?

I have NOS period correct parts in waiting...until that special day when all of the stars can align.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Mello Grello.jpg
    Mello Grello.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 97

Doug Carter

Staff member
Hey a local guy! w00t!

No such thing as Grello touch up. It's a custom mix of fluorescent yellow and fluorescent green. I've mixed in in water-based paints correctly, and with a couple of small bottles of House of Kolor fluorescents, I could mix it again, but you won't find anything on the shelf unless someone has painted their bike and has some left-overs.

Where do you ride mostly?

tvcreative

Nothing too aggressive...I usually ride The Great western trail, to fox river, to geneva spur back to Glen Ellyn. Sometimes I go to the Kettle Moraine area. Always looking for somewhere new and local, any suggestions?

Doug Carter

Staff member
I don't ride like I used to, and I don't have much time to get to the hardcore trails anymore, but when I do, the Palos Forest Preserve trails are always fun. Swallow Cliff, Bullfrog Lake and Three Ravines by RT83 and Archer are great areas, too. Knock Knolls in Naperville is a low impact dirt trail area that I enjoy from time to time.

When I'm in shape, Kettle Moraine is my favorite place to ride.

Lately, all I see is pavement and the Fox River path. :)

I have wanted to do a Midwest Fat gathering for years, centered around a ride at Kettle Moraine. Maybe next summer. :)

clockworkgazz

was that the team colours (colors)? only ever seen that paint scheme once before..

DSC08283.jpg

IF52

I guess since that was the color of Don Myrah's bike in 1990, then it served as team colors in some regard.

I-ROBOT

I don't ride like I used to, and I don't have much time to get to the hardcore trails anymore, but when I do, the Palos Forest Preserve trails are always fun. Swallow Cliff, Bullfrog Lake and Three Ravines by RT83 and Archer are great areas, too. Knock Knolls in Naperville is a low impact dirt trail area that I enjoy from time to time.

When I'm in shape, Kettle Moraine is my favorite place to ride.

Lately, all I see is pavement and the Fox River path. :)

I have wanted to do a Midwest Fat gathering for years, centered around a ride at Kettle Moraine. Maybe next summer. :)

Guys
I will be having a lot of work going in Wisconsin next year. Keep me posted about rides cuz I will be making several trips mostly to Wausau and Appleton but I could meet up anywhere out there.
Scott

DC

Yep, Grello Fade was the team color before Team Violet.
Scan from fold out post card mini brochure(91ish?)
And pics of mine (#006Z07), currently my single speed fun bike, it has been through a lot of action in 20 years.

We may be able to do a Kettle Moraine trip over the summer, good excuse to take the ferry across Lake Michigan, lets keep planning! Those trails are heaven on a nice steel bike!

Attachments

• sc000009f201.jpg
    sc000009f201.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 19
  • somerville.jpg
    somerville.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 12
  • team grease.jpg
    team grease.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
  • grello1.jpg
    grello1.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 23
  • grello3.jpg
    grello3.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 14

Doug Carter

Staff member
We may be able to do a Kettle Moraine trip over the summer, good excuse to take the ferry across Lake Michigan, lets keep planning! Those trails are heaven on a nice steel bike!

Would be fantastic fun. I'll start the gears turning for a plan, and try to get myself into some type of shape before then. Should be enough time. :D