Titanium Fat Chance!

PhatMatt

Guess what I'm looking for?!? One of my grails (I don't have THAT many...probably...) a Titanium Fat Chance size large. Should be easy to find right? I have built up a Moots YBB 26"-er as a single-track/fire road cruiser and find myself wishing I had done it with the Ti-Fat instead. Are they out there? Anyone have one gathering dust who could use a few $$$'s?!?

I know it's a long shot but I'm not in a hurry. It doesn't need to be pristine. I'd prefer a Somerville-built frame but will consider all. Thx!

Stingercut

Top is 94 Somerville made flawless perfection in large and the lower a 97 in m/l which is a softer but also amazing ride with the Morati Ti forks. I only found a tiny handful of Somerville made Ti frames in L, so good luck in the hunt and they are 100% as good as it gets imo. Mine are keepers though 🤗
282E600C-9EF4-46E5-8D2C-23F812058998.jpegBE11880B-3E14-4395-90CC-D226FD7AD3C5.jpeg

PhatMatt

Of course I've seen your bikes. They look fantastic. I'd probably bite on a M/L at this point. The one currently listed on Ebay looks like a medium to me based on the, uhm, highly scientific method of head tube measurement with my eyes. Would you agree?

And while I'm sure there is already a line waiting for you to cull your herd please put my name on the list for the non-existent day when you decide two is one too many!

Stingercut

Of course I've seen your bikes. They look fantastic. I'd probably bite on a M/L at this point. The one currently listed on Ebay looks like a medium to me based on the, uhm, highly scientific method of head tube measurement with my eyes. Would you agree?

I would say its a m/l which should suit someone 6.0-6’2” Seller also seems knowledgeable which means they are able to read/interpret the serial number correctly.
And while I'm sure there is already a line waiting for you to cull your herd please put my name on the list for the non-existent day when you decide two is one too many!

I still get a buzz everytime I just look at them, let alone ride them. Absolute perfection which has not been surpassed after 30yrs later apart from the better brakes.

PhatMatt

Stingercut! A couple Ti-Ft questions. How do/did you find a fork (threadless, 1" steerer?) and what is the bb situation?

Stingercut

Stingercut! A couple Ti-Ft questions. How do/did you find a fork (threadless, 1" steerer?) and what is the bb situation?
I got the FCC factory made BOI from another FAT and paired them together. The 94 above has a White Industries 127mm Ti axle BB for a Cook Bros RSR chainset. Did you just buy the beautiful 93L from ebay perchance ? 😉

Stingercut

I'm trying to. Was in communication with the seller who is semi-local, and he has gone silent. Nice looking bike as you know!
Good luck with it, sure there are a few trying to snag it. Be great to see it pop up here with a fresh build thread. Nothing beats OG Ti 🤘🏼

mkozaczek

My regret is that I didn't hit the BIN on ebay, the $150 shipping and $90 tax made it a bit more expensive than I wanted to bear.

I have a couple M/Ls if that will work for you.