Titanium Serial # help

Yangpei

I recently purchased a M/L Fat Chance Titanium frame. Seller believes it's a 1996. The serial number is TF ML 1116. I tried referencing serial numbers listed on MOMBAT's Fat Chance list. The 1996 ti fats listed all had much lower numbers. Later years (1998 / 1999) had serial numbers closer to 1116. I'm not sure how many titanium frames were built in any given year. Is there a way to tell if it's a 96 (or some other model year)?

Yangpei

That's helpful. I don't have the frame in hand yet. But, from pictures, it looks like it does not have a cantilever hanger in rear. So, it may be newer than 1996. Thanks.

Fjforrest

My Ti fat has is M 1045 with rear cable hanger and an 1 1/8 head tube. Bought from original own who purchased in 1997.

MikeyNYC

Mine is: 1999 Titanium Fat Chance #: TF ML 1176
But based on your chart as well as what I was told when I got it, perhaps it's a 2000?

Rock

Mine is: 1999 Titanium Fat Chance #: TF ML 1176
But based on your chart as well as what I was told when I got it, perhaps it's a 2000?
Mike, Hi this is Charles the guy who bought your 1999 ti frame. I’m selling it on eBay and and someone asked the question where was the BOI to fork manufactured? I know you said you bought it in 2001. If you get this message please let me know.
Thanks

AB

Mike, Hi this is Charles the guy who bought your 1999 ti frame. I’m selling it on eBay and and someone asked the question where was the BOI to fork manufactured? I know you said you bought it in 2001. If you get this message please let me know.
Thanks
In 1999 - 2000 no one buying a MTB was interested in rigid forks.