• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Team Wicked Lite - ebay

AB

Understandable - In 1993 the WL was listed in inch sizes not S,M,L etc. I would guess this frame to be a 19.5" or 21". Ebay can be a frustrating place and probably best to err on the side of caution with unresponsive sellers. Plus his Shock is over priced so I wouldn't be surprised to see these bikes up for sale again.

Quite an interesting bike nonetheless

Last edited:

rthomer

wicked

I emailed the seller, he said he's reposting today...we'll see if the pics and price are any better.

Doug Carter

Staff member
The bike is listed again, for $100 less starting bid, but the seller is still refusing to answer any questions about rust, dents, chips or major issues, and he won't provide any better photos. I have asked him 3 times, so buyer beware.

:mad:

AB

To Be honest if this were a smaller bike I would have bought it. Just going by what I see in the 3 photos I can't see any signs of hard use, abuse etc. The outer chainring still has the original sticker (shimano) on it and all the decals look to be in good shape. I would guess this to be a low mileage bike and as I mentioned before So. Cal bikes are normally not rusted if thats where they have been all there lives. I certainly agree that it would be a risk and most people don't have a lot of "extra" money these days.

Also there are some pretty major inconsistences:

First listed as a Yo even though seller claims to have all the original paper work.

Serial number doesn't make much sense seller calls it a M/L.

It has what looks to me like an older late 80's style seattube collar.

BUT since Fat City did a lot of unsual/cost saving things I can't rule anything out.

Last edited:

bonsaii

Nice FAT

I totally agree, AB! The frame looks to be in good shape, all tho I thought it looked sun bleached until the two other pics came into the add. Now I think the frame actually looks very nice!

I also guess the frame size to an 18 inch, based on comparion to my Wicked.

I say go for it, folks! 550 bucks is a good deal... If he would ship it my way I would have bought it.

-bns

colker

I totally agree, AB! The frame looks to be in good shape, all tho I thought it looked sun bleached until the two other pics came into the add. Now I think the frame actually looks very nice!

I also guess the frame size to an 18 inch, based on comparion to my Wicked.

I say go for it, folks! 550 bucks is a good deal... If he would ship it my way I would have bought it.

-bns

it seems like a 19.5. how can you be sure about it's structural integrity from looking at those pics?

Doug Carter

Staff member
Consider it a huge lapse in judgment, but I have the high bid on it now. If I get it and it's a giant pile of flaming turd, feel free to say, "I told you so." :rolleyes: :redface:

Cross fingers for me. We'll see... I don't like how this guy has gone about the auction communication, but the bike is too much to pass on, even with the gamble involved.

d

bonsaii

I'm not saying anything about structural integrity, do I? That's a chance to take independent of the sellers answers to buyers technical questions. My comment went for the paint and that the bike looks nice and not abused...

-bns

it seems like a 19.5. how can you be sure about it's structural integrity from looking at those pics?

Last edited:

bonsaii

Nice Doug!

I'm sure you will be very happy with this one!!

XX XX - Fingers crossed!

-bns

Consider it a huge lapse in judgment, but I have the high bid on it now. If I get it and it's a giant pile of flaming turd, feel free to say, "I told you so." :rolleyes: :redface:

Cross fingers for me. We'll see... I don't like how this guy has gone about the auction communication, but the bike is too much to pass on, even with the gamble involved.

d

rthomer

I emailed the seller again to take a look at it, no response. I'm in Santa Monica today and again tomorrow, would love to see it with camera in hand.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Yeah, I won it. HUGE risk in this one. I didn't appreciate the communication given by this seller, but the potential for this bike IMO outweighs the chances taken. At this price, unless the bike is dented, rusty and unsafe to ride, I can afford the risk. It'll be ridden, so I don't need a piece of artwork.

I guess we will see when it gets here. More to come soon, and hopefully it's good news.

:cool:

jbrannsten

Staff member
Congrats Doug, let's hope this is really what you have been looking for. Keep us updated on the condition and better pics than the seller provided in the auction. If this is an original paint job it must be rare....

yo' djblu

SUPER STOKED U GOT THAT FRAME DOUG! cant wait to see REALLY snaps of it. One of my FAVORITE paint schemes! Once again KUDOS!

Doug Carter

Staff member
Am I the only one that calls this Team paint scheme "Zig Zag?"

Donno if I can say I have ever seen it on a Wicked Lite. I'm guessing it might be a repaint, but with anything Fat, who the hell knows? Nothing they did ever made sense or followed any predictable pattern. The sizing, the serial number, the paint... bobbing for apples with your eyes closed.

:alien2:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Personally, that paint scheme always reminded me of Easter eggs.

Neat bike---the latter pics he put up didn't look half bad. I have the feeling it will be in much better than average shape.

AB

Congrats Doug I think we are all pulling for you on this one. Hope it's as good as I think it is. I've always like the team jersey paint scheme (have one myself). It should be interesting whatever it turns out to be - hope it's packed well and has an uneventful trip.