• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

XS Black Monsterfat

Monstergirl

I have a XS Monster Fat (I think 1993?) I have been riding for years as a trail bike. It has original black paint and decals. I changed out the suspension fork it came with to a rigid fork and changed out one of the shifters. Unfortunately, the seatpost is frozen in place. Is there anyway to unfreeze the seatpost? Also, 20170216_135847.jpgIs there a market for such a small frame/bike? I bought the frame and the bike shop built it up for me in the 1990s. I have loved my Monster Fat, and still ride it but am thinking it is time for me to part with it. BTW, I also ride a vintage Titus.

I-ROBOT

I have a XS Monster Fat (I think 1993?) I have been riding for years as a trail bike. It has original black paint and decals. I changed out the suspension fork it came with to a rigid fork and changed out one of the shifters. Unfortunately, the seatpost is frozen in place. Is there anyway to unfreeze the seatpost? Also, View attachment 7722Is there a market for such a small frame/bike? I bought the frame and the bike shop built it up for me in the 1990s. I have loved my Monster Fat, and still ride it but am thinking it is time for me to part with it. BTW, I also ride a vintage Titus.
I have a XS Monster Fat (I think 1993?) I have been riding for years as a trail bike. It has original black paint and decals. I changed out the suspension fork it came with to a rigid fork and changed out one of the shifters. Unfortunately, the seatpost is frozen in place. Is there anyway to unfreeze the seatpost? Also, View attachment 7722Is there a market for such a small frame/bike? I bought the frame and the bike shop built it up for me in the 1990s. I have loved my Monster Fat, and still ride it but am thinking it is time for me to part with it. BTW, I also ride a vintage Titus.
I would suggest doing a google search of suppliers of dry ice in your area and purchase a small amount of it. Remove the seat clamp and QR. You could also remove the seat which may make things a bit easier. Wrap a few turns of duct tape around the top of the seat post. Carefully pack the dry ice around the aluminum seat post but not the steel seat tube. Let it sit until the dry ice evaporates and the aluminum should shrink enough to be able to spray some PB Blaster (or WD-40) down into the seattube. Take a hair dryer or heat gun and warm the seat tube (don't bubble the paint!). Get a pipe wrench and put it on the duct tape and try to twist the seatpost. Make sure the bike is secured when you try to wrench on the post. (the duct tape will protect the surface). Hopefully, it will loosen and then come out. Once you get it out, spray some PB or WD down the seat tube and then turn it upside down and let the excess drain out. Dry out the inside of the tube as best as you can and then grease up a rag and coat the inside of the seat tube.
Good Luck
Scott

toph929

PS Blaster. I had a monster fat with a frozen seat post as well. Spray pb blaster down the tube, let it sit, do it again. After 30 min i took a pipe wrench and twisted it and it came right out with ease.