YO Eddy fork? Looks like or lookalike...

synlos

Hello everyone.

After some years off, i got a fork that looks like a YO Eddy one. I'm not sure about this thing... Take a look.
Tech spec.: 1 1/8", ahead, susp. corrected.
20220717_211624.jpg20220717_211639.jpg20220717_211655.jpg20220717_211708.jpg20220717_211824.jpg20220717_211914.jpg20220717_212010.jpg20220717_212032.jpg20220717_212059.jpg20220717_212154.jpg

Any ideas/suggestions? Really a FAT fork? I'm confused.

Many thanks,
Tom

I-ROBOT

Its a knock-off, we never used brake mounts like that on Yo forks. No tear-drop gussets. The bottom cut-outs are almost flat and we used laser-cut tube sections that were welded to the fork legs. Also, I believe we used Campagnolo drop-outs exclusively unless the customer wanted stainless steel paragon drop-outs. It looks decent but its not a genuine Fat City Yo fork

rody

That is one of mine.

When I had a customer that wanted a Yo or BOI fork, but did not want to pay the upcharge for the teardrop tabs, Campy d/o's, or matching Fat paint, this was the standard build.

Straight Gauge .049 tubing, Nova tab droputs and canti posts, Dupont Alesta polyester black powdercoat. One of the easily identifiable features is that unlike the original forks, I would sand off the top plate/leg weld so that it was a smooth transition.

A lot of folks just wanted the vintage look and fit of the rigid fork, but were not interested in a full restoration piece...made quite a few of these through the years.

cheers,

Rody

I-ROBOT

That is one of mine.

When I had a customer that wanted a Yo or BOI fork, but did not want to pay the upcharge for the teardrop tabs, Campy d/o's, or matching Fat paint, this was the standard build.

Straight Gauge .049 tubing, Nova tab droputs and canti posts, Dupont Alesta polyester black powdercoat. One of the easily identifiable features is that unlike the original forks, I would sand off the top plate/leg weld so that it was a smooth transition.

A lot of folks just wanted the vintage look and fit of the rigid fork, but were not interested in a full restoration piece...made quite a few of these through the years.

cheers,

Rody
Hi Rody! Nice to see that you're still around. Had fun meeting and hanging out with you in Hartford. Hope things are well and I still have the T-shirt
Regards
Scott

rody

Thanks Scott. Yep, still very busy building custom bikes, trying to work off my backlog.

Here's a shot of this months delivery...Andy Ti 27.5.jpg