Is Chris getting back in the bike biz - 2014?

tvcreative

a 445-455mm igleheart fork on a 650b bike would be sweet -- and not too lop-sided

I think you can count on spending more like 2200 to 3000 with a fork and goodies.

look at what the other steel boutique builders are getting Engin cycles, 2500 (no fork), Desalvo 1800 (no fork), Indy Fab 1900 (no fork), Sycip 1800...

supply and demand, supply and demand

Love the POTTS 29er with type 2 fork designed for just enough mud clearance on a wide knobby up front

Repack Rider

Chris approves. Photo from Biketoberfest in Fairfax last week.

chance2_zps4f85475a.jpg

mainlyfats

I've thought about that and personally i'd order one if the frame sells from $1-$2k. Anything more might be a tough sell, for me.

BTW, I wouldn't pay that much for alloy or carbon. They just don't have the longevity of steel or Ti.

Forks would look a bit wonky if sus corrected, but they are such a classic FT design I would like it see them as a option.

I hear that. So... somewhere between a Geekhouse and Igleheart.

Fcuk... I don't envy him the challenge...

DocChill

...why I like to have a Yo!

...have you tried 650b?
Thankx for your reply - yes I tried a german Radon ZR Race (ok, not really compareable to a FAT!) only why I was curious, but I did not feel the often cited advantages. I really prefer light agile bikes... but I'll wait how the new Yo Eddy definitely will look. Additional I don't like tapered head tubes on a steel bike. Also these f** integrated headsets are an invention by the "god of darkness" :rolleyes:. Successive I like to show an interesting alternative made by german custom frame builder Georg Blaschke:

GEBLA-023-15.JPG

GEBLA-023-04.JPG

GEBLA-023-12.JPG

GEBLA-023-01.JPG

Except the colour (sorry Georg ;)!) not bad, or? I will say that the special details of - for example a classic Yo - are making a bike unique and desirable for me. They make a bike different to the mainstream... if the future Yo is like the mainstream, than I could also by a Radon.

Thankx,
Daniel

DocChill

GEBLA Precision Frames...

...and I like the color :).
Georg will be happy to read that :)! And you're right - the seatstays are similar to DeKerf... but all in all it's an independent design, maybe partially in line with some famous frame builders - I like it really! And you're able to choose between 26", 650B and 29" wheels... yeaah ;)!

Cheers,
Daniel

Stingercut

Maybe there's a Mammoth poltergeist in the room ;) but anybody got any intel on what's happening with our dear leader and his plans to take the cycling world by storm once again ?

tvcreative

it's time to see one of these Chris creations - in my opinion

all this hype…is just hype

this mystery - the supposed collaborators - yawn

get er' done…then you will have my attention

zonq

Eh. This sort of thing done well, shouldn't happen overnight.

I'm happy he's working on it. If it takes him a year, then I can safely assume it's a year well spent.

Stingercut

Agree, the comeback is more keenly anticipated than a Tyson showdown. He has to get it right and produce a few bikes in the new lineup imo.